Nkiruka is an experienced Development Consultant with expertise in Non-Profit Management for more than fifteen (15) years especially in the areas of Policy Advocacy and Review, Gender and SDGs Advocacy, Youth and Women Development, Livelihoods Enhancement, Inclusive Volunteerism, Empathy Leadership and Personal Development, Agribusiness and Entrepreneurship development for young people and women. She consults for Government, Development Partners, SMEs, NGOs, and private institutions on organizational, individual and community development.
Her area of expertise includes Gender & SDGs, Capacity Building, Entrepreneurship & Livelihoods Development, Project Management, Knowledge Sharing, Children, Youth & Women Empowerment, Research, Team Building, Policy Advocacy, Review & Action Planning, Coaching, Inclusive Volunteerism, Alternative Dispute Resolution and many more.
Nkiruka holds the following qualifications
- PhD Student, Humanitarian and Development Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Redeemer’s University, Osun State 2021 – 2024
- International Award in Delivering Training (IADT) Certificate by UKQUALS Awarding Body, United Kingdom and London Professional Training Centre (LPTC) 2021
- Certificate in Building Capacity for African Agricultural Transformation Champions for Change Leadership Short Course for women and youth by AfricaLead, US Feed the Future Initiative & USAID. Abuja. 2017
- Making Markets Matter (MMM) Executive Agribusiness Training Certificate awarded by Market Matters Inc, FAO and African Union Commission. Kenya. 2017
- MASHAV Women Economic Empowerment Intensive Training by Israeli Government MCTC and UN Women. Haifa, Israel. 2015
- Transformative Leadership Training in Agribusiness for African Women by African Union Commission, UN Women, UNDP and ACTIL. Kenyatta University, Kenya. 2014
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Ladoke Akintola University, Oyo State, Nigeria. 2010
- Professional Post Graduate Diploma in Development Policy, Planning and Administration, University of Ibadan. OyoState. 2008
- Proficiency Certificate in Management, Nigerian Institute of Management, Nigeria. 2008
- Certificate in Conflict Prevention, Management and Resolution awarded by the United Nations Development Programme and Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution. Abuja. 2007
- Certificate of Training & Proficiency in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Mechanisms, DCON Consulting, Abuja. 2007
- Bachelors at Law (BL.), Nigerian Law School, Lagos. Lagos State. 2006
- B Law, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. Enugu State. Nigeria. 2005
- Trans Ekulu Girls Secondary School, Enugu Nigeria. 1998. Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSCE) Equivalent to a High School Degree as determined by World Education Services (WES) Canada.
Her employment history is as follows;
CEO/Founder 2008 to Present
Fresh & Young Brains Development Initiative (FBIN), Abuja. Nigeria
Non-Profit Management and Development Practice
- Founded and manage the leadership aspects of the organization.
- Introduced four creative and sustainable projects for empowering vulnerable youth and women.
- Mentor a Generation of young leaders who promote inclusive volunteerism and positive impact
- Built Capacity of over 3,000 youth, women and professionals on Transformative Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Basic Life Skills, Climate Change & Environmental Sustainability, Sustainable Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture, CSR, Positive Impact, Gender, Peace & Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms and SDGs.
- Empowered over 500 youth and women with agribusiness skills and starterpacks
Founder/Managing Consultant 2013 to Present
Alexijan Consults. Abuja. Nigeria
- Founded Alexijan Consults as the business and consulting arm of Fresh & Young Brains Development Initiative (FBIN).
- Conduct Policy Reviews and Develop Policy Documents and Action Plans for Governments, Development Partners, Individuals and Organizations.
- Consult for Government and Organizations on Capacity Building on Youth and Women Empowerment, Corporate Social Responsibility, Gender and Youth Development, Alternative Dispute Resolution (Mechanisms) Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture, Value Chain/Value Addition.
Legal/Programme Officer 2008 – 2009
WomenAid Collective (WACOL), Abuja. Nigeria
Gender and Women Empowerment
- Organized stakeholders’ workshops to develop Nigeria CSOs’ Shadow Report on the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) which was later presented at the CSW in New York, United States.
- Research Assistant to the United Nations Special Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons especially Women and Children. Developed the Zero Draft Compendium on Human Rights of Women and Children published by WACOL in 2009.
WomenAid Collective (WACOL), Enugu 2001 – 2008
- Youth Advocate
- Youth Columnist in WACOL’s Newsletter
Desk Officer 2008
National Association for Peaceful Elections in Nigeria (NAPEN), Abuja. Nigeria
- Handled all communications and provided administrative support for the Network.
Desk Officer 2007 – 2008
Society for Peace Studies & Practice (SPSP), Abuja. Nigeria
- Handled all communications and provided administrative support for the Network
NYSC Corps Member 2006 – 2007
Institute for Peace & Conflict Resolution (IPCR), Presidency, Abuja. Nigeria
- Desk officer for the UNDP/IPCR Election Conflict Management Project and the Draft National Peace Policy for Nigeria.
- Ad hoc member of the Presidential Implementation Committee under the IPCR. Project Team
- Member/Researcher, Update of the Strategic Conflict Assessment of Nigeria (North Central Geopolitical Zone)